Prime Ministers Questions (officially known as
Questions to the Prime Minister but abbreviated to PMQ's) has existed in
parliament since 1881. This is a chance for MP's to ask the Prime Minister
questions about the activities of the government, policies and also current
events.
PMQ's takes place in the House of Commons and starts at 12 o'clock every Wednesday whilst government is in session. PMQ's lasts for 30 minutes. Whilst I appreciate the need to have questions from MP's to the Prime Minister, I also feel that we are lacking questions from the public.
I believe the public should have their fare share of questions to the Prime Minister also to ask questions about government activities which affect the public at large. I also believe that in addition to asking questions in person, there should also be other mechanisms to canvass the Prime Minister.
Therefore I propose the following:
PMQ's takes place in the House of Commons and starts at 12 o'clock every Wednesday whilst government is in session. PMQ's lasts for 30 minutes. Whilst I appreciate the need to have questions from MP's to the Prime Minister, I also feel that we are lacking questions from the public.
I believe the public should have their fare share of questions to the Prime Minister also to ask questions about government activities which affect the public at large. I also believe that in addition to asking questions in person, there should also be other mechanisms to canvass the Prime Minister.
Therefore I propose the following:
·
Public Prime Ministers Questions -
Each week the Prime Minister will visit a different location and answer
questions from the general public for 30 minutes
·
All e-petitions with over 100,000
signatures will be refered to the Speaker of the House. From there the Speaker
will look at the petition and say whether the item being petitioned has been or
will be discussed, if it has or will be discussed then this information will be
made available through the e-petitions site. If it has not been discussed and
is not due to be discussed then the Speaker of the House will schedule a
session
·
An online version of Questions to the
Prime Minister will be created for the public to pose questions
·
The introduction of 'Meet the Prime
Minister'. These will be one to one conversations between the public and the
Prime Minister and will take place during various journeys and the public can
ask anything they want
On
Twitter? Why not post me your questions : @ThePMCandidate
Email : realchangerealpeople@ymail.com
The Candidate
No comments:
Post a Comment